Why You Should Use Sunscreen and How to Find the Best Kind for You
Tips for Finding the Best Sunscreen for Your Skin
The technology used to make sunscreens is constantly evolving. Today, the best kinds offer fuller protection against both UVA and UVB rays. Some scatter the UV rays and others absorb them before they get to the skin. In sifting through the broad spectrum of sunscreens, ensure the sunscreen has:
- An SPF of 15 or higher to protect against UVB rays
- Titanium dioxide, ecamsule, avobenzone, oxybenzone, zinc oxide, or sulisobenzone among the ingredients as they indicate protection against UVA rays
- Sweat and water resistance
In addition to ensuring the sunscreen has the right properties, it is important to use sunscreens as directed in order to gain maximum benefits. When using sunscreen, keep these application tips in mind:
- Apply the sunscreen at least 15 to 30 minutes before going out into the sun
- Lather properly- not using enough sunscreen can leave your skin open to the harmful rays from the sun
- Remember those spots everyone forgets, such as the ears, feet, back of the legs, bald spots and you should even use UV-protective lip balm for your lips
- Reapply your sunscreen at least every 2 hours
- Use your sunscreen even on overcast days
The Importance of Skin Protection and a Skin Care Routine For Healthy Skin
The skin is the body's largest organ and our first point of contact with the...
National Sun Safety Month And You!
Here at Universal Dermatology and Vein Care, we can help you improve the...
What Are the Benefits of Telemedicine for Dermatology?
Technology has been revolutionizing industries all over the world and dermatology...
Simple Steps To Treat Sunburn
There are few things in life worse than having a sunburn. Though not a necessary...